Sunday, August 20, 2017

High Noon Poker

I took some time off from work Friday and got in a three hour session at the MGM.

The bus pulling a DeLorean time travel trick

They were running a Lucky Table promo drawing every hour.  I got there at high noon just in time for the 12:15 pm drawing.  My table went 0 for 4.  During the last drawing, the TV screen showed our table number and then moved once more.  Congratulations to everyone at table 23 for winning $500.  Let's get to some hands.

I sit down in seat 4 and the third hand I get is K-K.  I make it $13 and get called by an Asian guy in seat 6.  The flop is A-x-x and it checks around.  He bets $10 on the turn and $15 on the river.  I call, he shows A-5 and I pay that man his money.

Before I knew it, I'm down to $135.  The table didn't impress me that much so I added $60 to my stack.  I worked my stack up to around $350 and then this hand happened.

Hand 1:



Less than 30 minutes later, this strange hand happened.

Hand 2: 



I finished the session with the following hand.

Hand 3:


There was an older guy at the table who was a bigger rock than Dwayne Johnson.  If he raised, you could be sure that he had a very strong hand.  For some reason, some of the other players didn't notice this and donated chips.  Overall, I don't think there was much skill involved in my win, just good cards.


The Trophy

4 comments:

  1. These hands you showed make you ineligible for any bad beat or card dead bitching for the next one or two weeks. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tw -- I hope Rob notices that hand with the Q-10. Q-10 (especially when sooted, more especially when spades) is magic!

    ReplyDelete